[BC] FCC Deletes digital report from today's meeting

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 13 22:02:13 CDT 2006

------ At 10:25 PM 7/13/2006, Bill Harms wrote: -------

>If this is true, it sounds like someone is coming to their senses.  I
>have advocated from the very beginning of this controversy that more
>testing is needed, especially at night for AM, and that the test
>results must be publically available so that others could see if they
>could replicate the results.

On another list I asked the engineers running IBUZ if they would run
it 24/7 if the FCC approved it at today's meeting. Not a single
person responded either way. All the huffing and puffing about IBUZ
melted away when the risk of dealing with expensive modifications was
staring them in the face well before there are enough receivers to
make that risk worth taking. This is a situation that can only be
fixed, in my opinion, in real life operation, not a laboratory. How
do you duplicate skywave and individual transmitter site deficiencies in a lab?

The last minute manufacturer FCC filing (July 5) tells me they're
seriously concerned about losing sales before they're sure they can
blame the stations rather than the system. With daytime interference
rearing its ugly head one can only imagine what nighttime operation
would bring. It was a game of chicken. They blinked.

Haven't they been testing for 12 years?

Rich