[BC] IBOC splatter (was: Dealing with IBOC hash problems)

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 13 10:21:49 CDT 2006

------ At 12:48 AM 7/13/2006, Kevin Tekel wrote: -------

>I've heard it up to 50 miles away on their groundwave signal.  I think
>it's caused by strange things going on in their phasor and vintage 1967
>directional array.  Hopefully WOR's brand-spanking-new TX site and towers,
>which are almost ready to go on the air, will not exhibit this same
>problem.

You've got your vintages screwed up. Less than 10 years ago the WOR
array was almost completely rebuilt. I was there when it happened.
The only parts that date back to 1967 are the towers. The arrays in
that area have more skirts than a squaredance tournament. Maybe that
has something to do with it. It's a shame you didn't see the old
installation. Tom has cleaned it up and you can probably eat off the
floors. When I visited the site last we decided on a restaurant instead.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258