[BC] WXXI-FM Mishap :crazy on-aire happenings

Ron Youvan ka4inm
Wed Jul 12 21:41:12 CDT 2006

< I worked in a TV station once that was live on cable via a direct link.
   The station transmitter went off the air during the 6pm local news and
the anchor looks up and says, What? We're off the air. ok and they sit
there and bullshitted each other not realizing the entire remaining world
was watching by cable.  How stupid.  I can't be around news people they make me crazy :-) >

   That happened where I worked, exactly once.  (before I got there)
   From that time on the studio only got a feed of the PCR out as the "air monitor."
They were kept in their own little world.  We often taped LIVE shows for later
later repeat and stopping in the middle would mean re-doing the entire show.
(before electronic editing)
--
    Ron  KA4INM