[BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

Kent Winrich kwinrich
Wed Jul 12 11:36:15 CDT 2006

FITH ADJACENT???  Something is fishy here.

I turned up an IBOC AM on 920 and 70' from the towers I could still get 890
Chicago 100+ miles away.  I sat in the main lobe (, 1 mile away) of a 50kW
station and still was abel to get stations on the third adjacent.

FYI there is no main lobe for WLAC during the day, they are Omni.

If 970 is having issues with the lower vs upper sidebands, they must have a
tilt going.  Sounds like they need to rotate their phase.