[BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 12 11:10:48 CDT 2006

Rich,
  It doesn't matter if the analog station is getting interference in or
out of its protected contour, the commission is not going to do anything
about resolving the issue. They want analog to go away. I've had to
learn to live with it.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Rich Wood
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:02 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

------ At 07:54 AM 7/12/2006, Bailey, Scott wrote: -------

>My station, WMRO-AM is being wiped out by WLAC's IBOC, so is WVOL,
WPLN,
>and WBRY.  The commission isn't going to do anything about it.  The
>courts will laugh us out. Clear Channel has law suits filed against
them
>everyday. I say that WMRO, WVOL, WPLN, & WBRY should be allowed to run
>higher power to override all the hash. Filing lawsuits is just a waste
>of time and money.

Where is it being wiped out? If it's outside your protected contour,
the general attitude is that you're out of luck. I'm sure you're
wrong about the lawsuits. In this very forum we were assured by a
very powerful EVP that their stations would never cause interference.
If the interfering stations are under his control I'm sure you only
need to call and tell him there's a problem and he'll make them shut
down. Check the archives. He promised.

Rich