[BC] Dealing with IBOC hash problems

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Jul 12 10:53:19 CDT 2006

------ At 10:48 PM 7/11/2006, Scott Todd wrote: -------

>They wouldn't have to go to the FCC to get some satisfaction.  They
>could go to civil court and file a suit.  I suspect that's what
>it'll take to wake the government folks up to the impending
>IBOCalypse, to use KT's term.
>
>Scott Todd
>

>We already have a deal like that going on in Nashville, with a station
>running HD, and wiping out 3 analog AMs in its path. We told it was a
>waste of time complaining to the commission. They are not going to do
>anything about it.

Are the victim stations being interfered with within their protected
contour? If they are, does a state court have the authority to usurp
the authority of the FCC? I can sort of understand tower and NIMBY
issues but this is specifically RF and the domain of the FCC.

Whoever told you going to the FCC is a waste of time is probably
correct. I'm positive the offending station will cease and desist if
the victim stations ask nice. We have it from the keyboard of an
ultra high VP of one of the majors that their stations won't
interfere. Why wouldn't other companies adopt the same attitude?

Rich