[BC] Re: GE Superadio III

cldube cld
Fri Jul 7 09:52:58 CDT 2006

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:15:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Powell E. Way III W4OPW" <w4opw at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [BC] Re: GE Superadio III

> I'm confused- do you think the SR is better than the
> 2010?

>Absolutely NOT..

I didn't think so. But just checking here ;)

>sensitivity, but not selectivity and other things. My
>Philco 46-1209 beats the Sony ICF-2010 for sensitivity
>but that's it. And the Philco tunes to 1750 (!) ...

I'll have to google the Philco. I'm not familiar with it.

>The 2100 has a MUCH better sync detector than the
>7600. I have a VERY early digital 7600, that, well  no
>longer works on MW and SW. There's a bad cap
>somewhere. I don't know if it is worth sending off for
>repair. The FM works.

>Powell

I couldn't agree more. The sync detector in the 7600 is often worthless, but
sometimes
it's a help. I love the audio on the ssb and the stability of it though. For
1/2 the price of the
2010, and its portability, it's a great little radio. I have a 7600G I
bought for $135 with a small dent in it's
chassis- new. As I'm not a real DXer, it suits be better than the 2010,
which really irked me. I couldn't get over
that chuffing. I like a radio I can tune- not just punch in numbers.
If interested, here's a site all about the various versions
http://stephan.win31.de/sony7600.htm

Chuck