[BC] WCBS Full time IBOC

FrankGott@aol.com FrankGott
Thu Jul 6 22:23:23 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/6/2006 5:46:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

<< This morning, July 6 at 3:56 A.M. I tuned across WCBS and the
 >IBOC was on.  Had it confirmed by someone else a bit later.
 >
 >The noise was making quite a mess on 870 and 890 and
 >listening to WWL or WLS would have been very uncomfortable >>

This thread prompted me to go out to the car and fire up the cheapo 2000
Delco parked in my garage.  Reception of 880 wasn't the greatest tonight.  But
there was no buzz.  Tuning up one notch, WLS reception was normal.  Going down to
870 WWL reception was weak.

There are no known IBUZers here in Pittsburgh.  But Jason Togyer (who lurks
on this list) posted on the PBRTV board that KDKA is making the conversion to
IBUZ and fixing some deficiencies in their decade old tower.  They've been
occasionally operating on less than full power.

Frank Gottlieb
at the upper end of the dial

PS:  AOL's spellchecker corrects IBUZers to Abusers.