[BC] a new whatzit

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Thu Jul 6 16:36:14 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/6/2006 10:33:11 AM Central Standard Time,
peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com writes:

RCA got  these right. And so also did Langevin.

))))))))))))))))))))))))

What was the difference between the RCA type knobs and the Langevin.   As I
recall the were the same.   Also I believe the GE Audio cconsoles  used the RCA
type knobs.

Gates used their own type knobs for many years and of course the snow plow
consoles with their big knobs had to later have two set screws in them and they
 would ruin in short time those small Langevin printed circuit attenuators.
I believe Harris went back to Daven or Tech-Labs big step attenuators because
 people destroyed so many of this little step attenuators with the large
knobs.

Dave