[BC] Re: Shulke's Black Box

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 6 16:29:17 CDT 2006

------ At 12:16 PM 7/6/2006, Jim Wood, C.P.E.W. wrote: -------

>And you don't think those stray oxygen atoms are even more important
>now?  I'd be willing to bet a green felt marker that the upper-midrange
>would exhibit much greater definition with a kovar-alloy AES cable.

I sure do. I wouldn't want a digit 1 to bump into a stray oxygen atom
and not register as a 1. That could force all kinds of things outside
all sorts of masks. I've heard the improved upper-midrange with the
kovar-alloy AES cable. I was one of the select few invited into the
kovar-alloy demonstration at the New York High End Audio Show before
I left New York. I would never want to minimize the importance of
digital over analog cable. Even though there are no known problems
with IBUZ I believe the problems could be solved if the manufacturer
would forego some profit on the royalties and use digital cable.
We've discovered that the stray oxygen atoms in cheaper analog cable
didn't fill in what the codecs removed as was originally thought. It
should have raised a flag when we discovered the idea came from the
accounting department.

Rich