[BC] WCBS and WFAN Full time IBUZ

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Thu Jul 6 13:18:08 CDT 2006

In a message dated 07/06/2006 10:11:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ehrenberg at fastmail.fm writes:

> Except for sports, my NY area spy tells me they are full time IBOC day
>  and night, since Friday ovenight into Saturday.  Is this Kosher?
>  Anyone in the area having problems?

Rachel- there was (and is) a thread here about this very topic. I scoped them
out yesterday, and not only are they very loudly throwing that hash to either
side, it is very clearly audible even when tuned to their own signals! Even
in the "narrow" mode, my Superadio III picks up that hiss strongly enough to be
objectionable. By careful tuning, I found a noticable "dip" in the hiss
volume at the exact center of the station's signal, but it's still there, still
annoying. Because WCBS carries Yankees games, I have tuned in to them quite
often. That noise is a tune-out factor. Thankfully, WICC 600 also carries the
games, so I can listen to them, buzz-free, there.

WCBS and WFAN are the strongest signals (in my area) that have activated
their buzz saws. (More than 10mv, each.) I shudder to think what it's going to be
like if/when more stations start jumping onto this bandwagon. (bandsaw?)

Willie...