[BC] a new whatzit

Dana Puopolo dpuopolo
Thu Jul 6 13:46:57 CDT 2006

Here's a link to a color picture. This was WLTI (now WUML)'s on air console in
the '60's.
Click on the pic for a bigger, better one.

http://www.wuml.org/history2.php

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: Chuck Leavens <chuck at wduq.org>
Subject: Re: [BC] a new whatzit

>>I received an answer from the Chief Engineer of WACE at the time.
>>The console we used was the WE 25B "Speech Input System". The
>>console itself was called a 40A, but the whole system with its desk
>>and power supply was called the 25B. We also used the RCA
>>turntables that could have powered merry-go-rounds they were so
>>powerful.
>
>         http://www.oldradio.com/archives/hardware/WE25B.jpg

I think that pic might have come from me. When I find the catalog
I'll get the color version for you. I used a 25B and it is obviously
is not one BUT some of the side panel ancillary gear look just like
the WE stuff.

Might take me a bit to find as I am swamped here but I'll find it.
--
Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Leavens
Director of Engineering and IT Management
WDUQ-FM  Duquesne University  Pittsburgh PA 15282
412-396-5508 Direct
chuck at wduq.org