[BC] No Known Problems

Harold Hallikainen harold
Wed Jul 5 17:28:08 CDT 2006

> ------ At 04:40 PM 7/5/2006, Harold Hallikainen wrote: -------
>
>>Out of curiosity, is the interference audible within a station's
>> protected
>>contour, only outside that contour?
>
> I believe the imaginary IBUZ interference automatically stops at the
> edge of the offending station's protected contour, thereby making it
> a non offending station. It's like bears and trees in the woods. If
> an adjacent station's signal is obliterated, can there be grounds for
> an interference complaint?  That question will be asked in the
> soon-to-be-released sequel "Alice in Wonderland II."
>
> I still maintain there are no known problems with IBUZ. That's my
> story and I'm sticking to it. Isn't this the Cicada's 17th year? Next
> year it'll all be gone. Like global warming it's a naturally
> occurring phenomenon unaffected by human activity. Next year
> listeners will be gone and we won't have anything to worry about. If
> there are no listeners to hear it, there's no interference. It's
> self-correcting.
>
> Rich

Thank you for the clarification... I'm just wondering if interference to a
station outside its protected contour is perhaps being ignored because you
aren't supposed to have coverage out there anyway. You've had it 'til now,
but there was no guarantee that it would continue. So, is the interference
audible within the protected contour of the station being interfered with,
or is it more of a case of interference to stations some distance from the
listener (outside the protected contour)?

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!