[BC] No Known Problems

Rich Wood richwood
Wed Jul 5 17:07:10 CDT 2006

------ At 04:40 PM 7/5/2006, Harold Hallikainen wrote: -------

>Out of curiosity, is the interference audible within a station's protected
>contour, only outside that contour?

I believe the imaginary IBUZ interference automatically stops at the
edge of the offending station's protected contour, thereby making it
a non offending station. It's like bears and trees in the woods. If
an adjacent station's signal is obliterated, can there be grounds for
an interference complaint?  That question will be asked in the
soon-to-be-released sequel "Alice in Wonderland II."

I still maintain there are no known problems with IBUZ. That's my
story and I'm sticking to it. Isn't this the Cicada's 17th year? Next
year it'll all be gone. Like global warming it's a naturally
occurring phenomenon unaffected by human activity. Next year
listeners will be gone and we won't have anything to worry about. If
there are no listeners to hear it, there's no interference. It's
self-correcting.

Rich