[BC] GE Superadio III vs. IBOC hash

Bailey, Scott SBailey
Wed Jul 5 15:16:14 CDT 2006

We already have a deal like that going on in Nashville, with a station
running HD, and wiping out 3 analog AMs in its path. We told it was a
waste of time complaining to the commission. They are not going to do
anything about it.  Too much money invested in the technology.
Oh don't worry, the system will be mandated!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of John Buffaloe
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:57 PM
To: 'Broadcasters' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [BC] GE Superadio III vs. IBOC hash

I talk to a lot of the smaller guys out there and they're all scared to
death that either the system will be mandated, effectively putting them
out
of business, or that their signals will be wiped out by other users.  It
seems to me that if the system isn't mandated (for AM) and operators are
taking serious interference hits from AM HD stations, that the FCC is
going
to have its hands full with interference complaints.

John A. Buffaloe
Bext, Inc
619-685-3919