[BC] Anti-Virus programs

Tom Bosscher tom
Wed Jul 5 14:27:34 CDT 2006

	So I figure, there hasn't been enough controversy on this
board lately.

	So it goes like this:

We have been using Norton AV for quite a while. While our BE
AudioVault servers and main workstations do not see the
Internet, and hence have no Anti-V, we have some 30+ cpus
that have dual NICs (two networks, one is what we call
Broadcast Audio, ie, BE AV, and the other is called
Broadcast Internet) that do talk to the BE av systems, and
look at the Internet. They have been protected in the past
with Norton.

     For many reasons, we are looking at an alternative to
Norton. Two systems, AVG and Panda seem to be making decent
headway. Does anyone on the list have any success or failure
stories with these two, or is there any even better
alternative ? (Other than going to Mac/Linux!)

tom bosscher
cornerstone university
grand rapids