[BC] Re: GE Superadio III

R J Carpenter rcarpen
Wed Jul 5 05:32:33 CDT 2006

I must be the only person who doesn't really like the sound of the GE
Superadio ... too "sssizzzzley".  It's something like those wooden-box
Telefunkens of the 1960s.

I'll admit it's better than many other radios, and should be because
of the larger box, but I think it could be better.

Something like my complaint about the Monsoon system in my 2002 VW
Golf.  The focus group that chose the sound must have been
19-year-olds who valued only the amoujnt of BOOM  CRASH.  I find it
painful, especially on voice, AM or FM, and it accentuates the
artifacts of sat radio.  Grrr..