[BC] Re: Carribean 200 kW. AM on 1605 kHz.

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Wed Jul 5 00:05:04 CDT 2006

>Both the
>CHUC and CKDO apps called for 10 kW day and night. I don't recall if it
>was DA-1 or DA-2.

CKDO is notified at 10 kW, DA-2.

The operating parameters are the same day and night, so this station is
actually DA-1.

It is still a Class A.

Probably simple economics dictates 10 kW rather than 50 kW.

According to NARBA and "Rio", a Class I/Class A must be at least 10 kW,
day and night.

The U.S., through the Department of State, seldom challenges the proposed
changes to foreign Class As, and we expect, and receive the same
treatment in return.