[BC] Re: Carribean 200 kW. AM on 1605 kHz.

Scott Fybush scott
Tue Jul 4 22:38:20 CDT 2006

PeterH5322 wrote:

> "Rio" forced the only two non-conforming Class I-As, the 1540 in the
> Bahamas, and the 1580 in Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada, to upgrade to 50 kW
> full-time.
>
> Both installed DAs, and operated DA-1.
>
> The Chicoutimi station subsequently moved to Ontario and was privatized.

The Chicoutimi *station*, CBJ, neither moved to Ontario nor was
privatized. It moved to FM, where it continues to operate as a
Radio-Canada "premiere chaine" outlet.

The 1580 *frequency* was granted in Cobourg, Ontario for an upgrade to
1450 CHUC, but the station subsequently applied for (and was granted) a
move to FM instead. The 1580 frequency was then applied for by 1350 CKDO
in Oshawa - I can't recall if it's been granted yet or not. Both the
CHUC and CKDO apps called for 10 kW day and night. I don't recall if it
was DA-1 or DA-2.

Yours in sticklerdom...