[BC] Re: Carribean 200 kW. AM on 1605 kHz.

Larry Fuss lfuss2
Tue Jul 4 18:29:30 CDT 2006

> However, KJAL and KUAM both have applications to move to 630 kHz

KJAL's app for 630 is much too close to Radio Cook Islands on 630 kHz.
That's the reason we applied to move to move WVUV to 720 rather than
from 648 to 630.  KJAL's application is ungrantable.  Indeed, Radio
Cook Islands has already filed an objection.

> WVUV has an application to move to 720 kHz and they have already
taken their 648 kHz signal off the air (they also have an STA,
which may mean they are already transmitting on 720 kHz).

WVUV's STA is on 648.  It's currently off-air due to damage to the
antenna (a long wire), but will be back on in July.

Larry Fuss, President
South Seas Broadcasting, Inc.
PO Box 6758
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799