[BC] Daytimer's woes

Cowboy curt
Mon Jul 3 09:42:49 CDT 2006

On Monday 03 July 2006 09:53 am, Bailey, Scott wrote:
>  Then I personally invite you here to prove my point.  You'll see then,
> it won't do any good!

 Well, I *am* a project guy, but my time is not free.
 ( well, here it is, but off-line is another thing )

 Sounds like it wouldn't be THAT much of a project !
 ( depending on what you have in the ground now ? )

On Monday 03 July 2006 10:00 am, Bailey, Scott wrote:
> Oh by the way, what's your proposal to do about the gangs and drug lords
> stealing copper?  Around here, they know the minute you do it.
> In the Nashville area, they have been going up under refurbished houses
> with new copper plumbing steeling that too! I don't think Maxwell
> thought about how popular cocaine was going to get in the 21st century.

 I'm sure Maxwell didn't, but that doesn't negate physics.
 For the project you propose, a rent-a-cop would do.

 For long term, I have given this some thought ( as should we all ) and have
 a potential solution.

 Roofing tar, and concrete !
 There's nothing that says our copper has to be in a form that a scrap yard will buy !
 Make it so difficult to get out that they'll move on.
 NOBODY repairs those epoxy encased circuit cards, no matter what they are for.
 Let's just follow their example.
 The strap that runs up the base pier ? What's wrong with coating it and putting in
 *IN* the base pier ? Yes, I know the lime in concrete will destroy copper, but not
 if the lime never gets to it, so coat it !
 Will the crack-heads take a jack-hammer to a base pier to steel a few dollars worth
 of copper ? Maybe, but I doubt it.
 Doesn't have to be deep in the pier, either. Existing installations can just coat the
 copper, and case the pier with about two inches of concrete.
 Cover the rest of it in roofing tar. Not a whole lot, but enough to make it a sticky
 pain in the a$$ to handle it at all.
 Case it in a minimal amount ( say, 3 inches ) of concrete.
 No, it won't be easy to repair in the future. No, it's not as cheap as doing nothing.
 Yes, it will take some time. Yes, it will be a pain to do.
 ( not THAT much of a pain. I'm sure Kevin and I both could rig a tractor to spool,
 then coat, trench in, and fill the trench in one operation )

 Just a thought.....

 Sadly, in this country, you can't just shoot 'em 'cause there's no reason to let 'em live !
 ;-)

--
Cowboy