[BC] Telemarketing calls...

Burt I. Weiner biwa
Sun Jul 2 10:51:50 CDT 2006

I'm on the Do Not Call List.  I still get a few calls but not like I
used to.  The following method has reduced the amount of calls even
further.  I've been told, and it seems to be true, that if you become
belligerent and demand to talk to a supervisor your number will most
likely get removed mainly because you are a "hostile caller".  I
remain polite but get very aggressive.  My daughter worked for a
telemarketing boiler shoppe once and also suggested this method.

Another really annoying form of telemarketing call is the political
recorded messages that have become so common around an
election.  I've made it very clear that I will vote against whoever,
whatever this call is promoting.  My attitude is: If I'm on the Do
Not Call List it should be obvious that I do not want to be
telemarketed and that includes political "information".  If a
politician calls me it's very obvious to me that he/she/whatever has
no respect for my request or privacy.

Don't get me started, but...

Burt

At 07:22 PM 7/1/2006, you wrote:
>From: "Glen Kippel" <glen.kippel at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [BC] Do not call list
>
>On 6/30/06, WFIFeng at aol.com <WFIFeng at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > I absolutely *despise* telemarketing calls, and I
> > pity the poor souls who have to work in those places.
>

>-----------------
>
>OK, since Miss Manners is not on this list, I will have to ask the rest of
>you -- which is more polite:  to say
>
>1. "Thank you, I'm not interested" and hang up, leaving the telemarketer to
>go on with the next call, which may be productive, or
>
>2:  String them along, feigning interest, until you finally lose interest in
>the game and tell them to buzz off, or
>
>3.  Say, "Excuse me for a moment," put them on hold and go do something
>else.
>
>IMWTK

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services