[BC] WLS dead cxr prob. this a.m. at ~6:50

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sat Jul 1 13:18:29 CDT 2006

Antenna height diversity has been used by the telco's for years on their
microwave hops. Usually 50 ft. spacing is sufficient.

At the site I'm adding the T-1, I'm also adding a 2nd antenna on another
tower 100 ft. lower than the existing antenna for that very reason. Once
the 2nd antenna is installed, the remote control will switch antennas and
look at the new signal strength before deciding on whether to dial the POTS
codec.  At this site, 0.6 Fresnel zone is less than 100 ft. AGL.  So the
height AGL is not an issue...thankfully.

MM

At 10:33 AM 7/1/2006 -0700, Robert Reymont wrote