[BC] WLS dead cxr prob. this a.m. at ~6:50

Mike McCarthy Towers
Sat Jul 1 11:58:52 CDT 2006

The Moseley unit fails to 0 V if the unit should fail or loose power.  At
-60dBu signal, the meter output is something like 3V dropping to a little
under 2 V at -80dBu.  It's marginal BER/fade point is -90dBu and total loss
at -95dBu.  If the RX level drops to -80dBu for more than 30 seconds, the
macro is triggered to "phone home" with the codec and then place it on the
air.  Takes about 2 minutes which is usually sufficient for fades around here.

It's not the BER which is the salvation.  It's the ability to have a
"smart" comparator with anything that can give you a QoS indication and
then have a sequence of commands to make the switch when the appropriate
threshold is reached.

MM

At 10:25 AM 7/1/2006 -0400, Paul Christensen wrote