[BC] Legal ID Question

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Aug 31 14:58:30 CDT 2006

------ At 01:35 PM 8/31/2006, Barry Mishkind wrote: -------

>>I doubt a ball game would qualify. They interrupt for spots, promos
>>and scores of other games regularly. A two word ID wouldn't destroy
>>the integrity of the game
>
>         As a matter of fact, yes, it does qualify, since it is
>         a live event and the local station does not know when
>         the announcers will talk. One exception: "We pause now
>         for Station Identification. This is the XXXX Radio Network."

That surprises me very much. How about a local game? As a person
who's worked at many networks I would make sure the announcers made
time for at least a 5 second ID opportunity to allow stations to ID
at the top of the hour.

>         But once you've said the COL, you can then add anything
>         you want:  KFI, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, and the world.

Yup. And whatever they say in that position is absolutely true,
unlike the rest of the hour's content. Especially Talk Radio.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258