[BC] Legal ID Question

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Aug 31 11:41:57 CDT 2006

------ At 12:00 PM 8/31/2006, Gary Zocolo wrote: -------

>Why would it be a violation?....It is the call letters followed by
>city of License?
>
>"92Q is WQQK Hendersonville-Nashville, in to another hour of power jams, 92Q".

I believe that would be considered a dual city ID. There was one for
a while at WVBF, located in Framingham, MA but authorized to ID as
Framingham-Boston. If the Hendersonville  COL was part of the break
at :49 that's not only a mis-identification, it's at the wrong time.
In the legal ID position they used a city to which they're not
licensed. Another mis-identification.

I doubt the FCC would care what you say at :49 but there's a specific
ID format at the top of the hour. The ID rules have always been as
close to the hour as possible and used to have a very specific window
either side of the hour. A music format with music segments made up
of short songs doesn't qualify as uninterruptable, however awesomely
creative the segment is.

Classical music has always been allowed a lot of leeway because of
the length of the work. I don't even think you have to ID between
movements. I would consider a religious service to fall under the
same guidelines.

The FCC is in serious fining mode, trying to eliminate the deficit by
itself. I think I'd do it by the book.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia