[BC] Legal ID Question

Joseph M. Davis Joseph.Davis
Thu Aug 31 10:25:29 CDT 2006

------ At 09:57 AM 8/31/2006 -0500, Bailey, Scott wrote: --------
>     What we done at WQQK (this was back in 1989-1990), we did the legal
>I.D. live, out of the :49 stopset. It was "92Q is WQQK,
>Hendersonville-Nashville, in to another hour of power jams, 92Q". Then
>the music was time out, where we would hit the top of the hour at :00,
>and we played a recorded liner that said Power Jams, 92Q, WQQK,
>Nashville.

So how would someone who is actually listening for the "legal ID"
know which one is the real one?

Is there research that shows that mentioning the "little city" name
at 10-minutes before the top of the hour - instead of at the top - is
somehow disadvantageous?

Does the listening public really notice?  Do they care what's on at
the top of the hour vs any other time?

Does anyone think that listeners react ---- "Ohmygawd Marge - they
just said *little city* at the top of the hour... quick, turn the
dial to some station with an image/sweeper/liner that says *big city* !!!"

Inquiring minds....

Joe Davis