[BC] Legal ID Question

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Aug 31 09:26:03 CDT 2006

------ At 09:53 AM 8/31/2006, Bailey, Scott wrote: -------

>    $4000.00 is NOT PEANUTS to a small town, independent operator!  Your
>up there in NYC where all the group owners have money like that.  We the
>small AM's and LPFMs don't!  Four thousand dollars is a lot to us!

Actually, I left NYC a couple of years ago and I'll bet I'm in a town
even smaller than yours. We're about to get our first station moved
in to serve Springfield, MA, the nearest large (sort of) city near
us. I believe it's a 5 watt station near Pittsfield, MA. I think
it'll be a monster 1Kw. whenever it gets here to serve a city 14
miles away. I don't think any of it will actually be here. The
transmitter will probably be one city over on Mt. Tom with the
studios in Springfield. So far, the most powerful station in town is
my MP3 transmitter that plugs into my cigarette lighter. I'm watching
the ratings to see if my RICH-FM format appears. It's really good.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258