[BC] Scary listeners

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Wed Aug 30 13:30:46 CDT 2006

Just be careful if a woman calls up and requests Johnny Mathis' "Misty"

Paul Smith
Sarasota, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Bailey, Scott
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:17 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: RE: [BC] Scary listeners

I had this guy that it turned in to a "harassment" situation calling the
station, claiming to be a "programming consultant.  He said his name was
Jim Apple and he had started an Oldies Radio Format, running this out of
his apartment in East Nashville.
At first, I tried to be nice to him over the phone, telling him that I
was an "Oldies Channel/Westwood One" Affiliate, and had been since 1995,
and I wasn't interested in speaking with him further on what he wanted
to do. Then, things turned ugly. He said he was coming to the station,
and was to take over for a week or two to show me how to run my station.
I called my lawyer, had a letter sent to him that he was to stay away
from me and my property, or we would file criminal charges against him
in Sumner County Court. I had already contacted the sheriff's dept. and
file a warrant for his arrest for harassment. When he found out what I
was doing to make him leave me and the station alone, that shut him up
for good and never heard from him again!

Oh warning to all, if you get a call from this Jim Apple guy, claiming
to be an Oldies Programming Consultant....beware!  This man is sick and
has some sort of mental problem!

Scott