[BC] Scary listeners

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Wed Aug 30 11:29:16 CDT 2006

has some sort of mental problem!

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Mark W. Croom
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:49 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Scary listeners

The religious stations I've worked for seem to have a smaller proportion
of
really psychotic types who go crazy calling and hanging around the
station
and making the female employees feel threatened, but we do get a fair
number
of calls from people who are sure they could program the station way
better
than we do. Maybe this is more common in mainstream radio than I
perceive it
to be, but when I have worked at Country music stations I just don't
remember that happening as much as I have in Christian radio. It seems
like
we also get a lot of angry calls from people over hot-button issues that

their pastors or favorite TV preacher have programmed into them and
someone
on our station presents the "wrong" way. The excoriate us (in the love
of
Jesus, of course) for missing something that is perfectly obvious to
them
(though it's often hogwash when evaluated from an orthodox viewpoint).

Mark
MN