[BC] Yet another HD ... XM HD

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Aug 29 18:47:15 CDT 2006

------ At 04:29 PM 8/29/2006, John Buffaloe wrote: -------

>If I had ever had anything to do with working with you, I would probably
>remember the crowd of angry people that showed up in the lobby of the
>station when the "Beautiful 690" became "Country 690" for a few hours before
>becoming the "Mighty 690" once again.  I probably would have been instructed
>to position myself in the lobby to help protect the receptionist.  But I
>can't undisclose according to the rules so I'm merely denying.

Denying is acceptable. Since you've undisclosed you ever worked for
me we can speak in hypotheticals. You're hypothetically correct. You
would have been stationed in a place of great danger to protect the
receptionist. Receptionists at XTRA provided critical services.

As you know, people who lost their favorite Easy Listening (never
call it Beautiful Music) station pose terrorist-like danger to the
station. If you saw the first episode of WKRP in Cincinnati you saw a
greatly sanitized version of what can happen when listeners are
revolting. Maybe I should rephrase that.

Rich