[BC] Legal ID Question

Mike McCarthy mre
Tue Aug 29 16:37:11 CDT 2006

There was no license at the time. Just a CP for a directional antenna and a long expired STA to operate omni at reduced power. They got tripped up on the expired STA...  The FCC never got to the tower to check the antenna or the TPO...which would have gotten them in even bigger trouble had they gone out there before pulling the plug.  As it occured, the FCC shot too fast...by shutting them down on the expired STA.

MM

In 1991 I worked for a WCFL co-channel station that was located to the east. <br />>
Our ownership was one of the entities that complained to the FCC. Though I <br />>
was not involved in the run-up to that or the complaint itself, ISTR that <br />>
our Owner/GM tried to contact the owners to get their side of the story, but <br />>
I don't remember the outcome of that.<br />>
I participated with a representative of our consulting firm in field <br />>
strength measurements around the antenna site which showed to our <br />>
satisfaction that the station was not operating directionally. The data we <br />>
acquired was used to support ownership's request that the Commission verify <br />>
that WCFL was being operated according to its license.<br />>
That was an interesting trip.<br />>
Mark<br />>
MN <br />>