[BC] A Pig in a Poke, not Polk

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Aug 27 11:25:34 CDT 2006

------ At 11:38 AM 8/27/2006, Barry Mishkind wrote: -------

>You had a cat and a radio in the bag?  No wonder the radio sounded
>bad.  Fur balls!

You should have seen the size of the cat. It's meow had a better high
end than the Polk. I followed the link provided by our resident
schoolmarm and discovered that cats were the usual substitutes for
pigs in the pig in a poke scam and resulted in another, often used,
saying "let the cat out of the bag." I also checked Wickipedia.

Matt Polk is going to be very upset to find his well known company
unrecognized in the language's reference of record. I guess James
Knox Polk, as a President, outranks the head of a company that used
to manufacture audiophile equipment.

Rich