[BC] A Pig in a Poke, not Polk

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Aug 27 09:52:05 CDT 2006

------ At 10:25 AM 8/27/2006, John Hettish wrote: -------

>Excuse me but I can stand it no more.  The phrase is actually a "Pig in a
>POKE" not Polk.  You can find more information that you could possibly want
>to know by following this link.

This reminds me of a nun who constantly complained that advertising
slogans were often grammatically incorrect and set bad examples for
children. Go back through the archives and reread what we're
discussing. The English language is wonderful in how it can be
"modified" with plays on words. "A Pig in a Polk" refers to the Polk
IBUZ receiver.

Have you ever been a schoolmarm?

Rich