[BC] IBOC Radios

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Sun Aug 27 11:11:08 CDT 2006

On 8/26/06, WFIFeng at aol.com <WFIFeng at aol.com> wrote:

> Do you have a tuned loop? That may help.
>
> Of course... the bandwidth of the loop may be too narrow for IBUZ. Hmmm... I
> wonder.

Here's a picture of the broadband amplified loop that iBiquity has
installed atop the Las Vegas convention center, so they can make the
HD radios work during NAB, CES, etc.

http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/ALA1530plus.html

Nice antenna (see the IM specs) but it will set you back almost $400,
including shipping from the UK.  It seems to me that one of these
shouldn't be hard to homebrew, and should  perform just as well if a
decent FET (like a Crystalonics CP-666) is used in the preamp.

Here's an active whip project using the CP-666, which I also want to try:

 www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0109031.pdf

Mark