[BC] Legal ID Question

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Sat Aug 26 18:17:51 CDT 2006

On 26 Aug 2006 at 15:11, Larry Fuss wrote:

> > When Family acquired the 910 in Lakeside, they already owned the FM
>  with the call KECR, so the call sign issued to the AM was, in fact,
> KECR-AM.
>  THAT legal ID was KECR and KECR-AM, ElCajon, or KECR-AM and KECR, ElCajon.
>  The call sign for the FM remained unchanged.
>
> There is not an -AM suffix.  If they owned KECR(FM) and acquired an AM, the
> AM could become KECR as long as the FM became KECR-FM.  That's the way the
> rule works.

It would depend on what was written on the license. If they issued a valid
license (mistakenly) the call would stand unless some later corrective
action was taken. A license is the binding document that establishes many
things, and it would not be the first time that one was issued incorrectly.
Although I don't know of any six letter AM calls, if they did that, then the
ID "KECR-AM" would have been legal.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037