[BC] Legal ID Question

John Buffaloe johnbuffaloe
Sat Aug 26 17:21:56 CDT 2006

During our time of simulcasting the KSON stations in San Diego, it was "KSON
and KSON FM, San Diego."  Now that they're simulcasting KSON FM and KSOQ
they have to separately ID as San Diego and Escondido.  Correct me if that's
not right Eric.  That's how I remember it.

John A. Buffaloe
Bext Inc
888-239-8462 Toll Free
619-685-3919 Direct
901-628-6615 Cell
www.bext.com

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Larry Fuss
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 5:12 PM
To: 'Broadcasters' Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [BC] Legal ID Question

> When Family acquired the 910 in Lakeside, they already owned the FM
 with the call KECR, so the call sign issued to the AM was, in fact,
KECR-AM.
 THAT legal ID was KECR and KECR-AM, ElCajon, or KECR-AM and KECR, ElCajon.
 The call sign for the FM remained unchanged.

There is not an -AM suffix.  If they owned KECR(FM) and acquired an AM, the
AM could become KECR as long as the FM became KECR-FM.  That's the way the
rule works.

LF