[BC] A Pig in a Polk

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Fri Aug 25 17:49:50 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/25/2006 11:19:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> Not an issue. "Joe-6-Pack" has no idea this "technology" exists. He
>  has all the patience in the world, since he has no interest in it.

Hmmm... good point.

>  I haven't seen a single "I want my IBUZ" commercial running on any
>  local TV or cable here.

LOL! Whatever happened to all of that "funny money" for the big ad blitz?

>  I wonder if stations can get an equity loan on that $1.6 billion the
>  NAB predicts to do some actual advertising.

You think?

BTW, have you had the opportunity to communicate with anyone at Polk about
your recent disappointment in their receiver? I'd be curious to know what (if
anything) they had to say.

It reminds me of a friend who has an iPod Nano 2Gig, and when I attempted to
install a firmware update (direct from Apple's WEBsite) it promptly crashed
the unit, rendering it useless. He returned it, and was told "We're getting a
lot of these. Here's a new one." That's a serious issue, if they're getting that
many returns!

Willie...