[BC] RDS Receiver/Tuner

Glen Kippel glen.kippel
Fri Aug 25 09:59:24 CDT 2006

On 8/25/06, Rich Wood <richwood at pobox.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

Create so many additional "radio stations" in each market that your
> analog unit ad rate goes down the toilet as agencies spread a limited
> budget among twice the number of stations. I realize $19 billion
> doesn't go as far as it used to but Warren Buffet might be interested
> in allowing Bill Gates to give $1.6 billion in grants to little radio
> companies like Clear Channel and Infinity to make the NAB's
> prediction come true.

Precisely.  For those poor souls who think that adding an HD2 channel will
double their revenue, may I add this reality check:  there are only so many
ad dollars to go around.  And the HD2 would be a hard sell at this point,
anyway, considering that there are hardly any radios in the hands of the
general public.

GK