[BC] Radio Sites in the Keys

Howell, Matt MattHowell
Thu Aug 24 11:14:02 CDT 2006

24 41 46 / 81 30 16  is the Radio Marti Installation and yes, blimp
mooring (IIRC they have antennas in the blimp, tethered via a 3000m
steel cable).
24 40 37 / 81 30 38  is the xmtr site for WEOW-FM 92.1 (100kw) you can
see the shadow of the tower in the water (used to be one of my
stations), had to go thru the Monroe County Landfill to get there (the
big polygon next to it with the path back to blimp road)

A little further down the island chain we have:
24 39 31 / 81 32 16  is the xmtr site for WAIL-FM 99.5 (100kw) you can
see the guy paths (used to be one of my stations)
24 39 35 / 81 32 18  is a cell colo site and misc colo site

mh