[BC] Google Earth Placemark: ???.kmz

DHultsman5@aol.com DHultsman5
Wed Aug 23 21:27:50 CDT 2006

In a message dated 8/23/2006 7:14:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rex at verticalradio.org writes:

Oops,  attachment didn't make it through (I wondered about that). Here  are
>> the geo coordinates:
>>
>> 24 38  50.46N
>> 81 36 17.85W
>>
>> Down toward the end of  the Florida Keys.
>>
>> I'd love to drive down there  someday.....
>>
>> Also found a couple more radio sites of  some sort in the same general
>> area.
>> Some look like  broadcast facilities and others (24 41 45.97N 81 30
>>  16.18W)
>> do not. This one looks like a microwave site pointing  southeast. Curious.
>>
>> Dave

There were two government broadcast facilities in the Keys that I  recall.
Not counting commercial broadcast.

The 1180 Radio Marti DA facilty at Marathon Key, Florida  formerly  VOA.

The old 1040/1180 B/U site at the Government site at Saddle Bunch Key, FL
using a four tower in-line on the right side of the overseas highway.  The  site
used to be manned by Bectel Corp.  And had receivers and  transmitters.

My data is somewhat old as I haven't been there in over five years.

Dave