[BC] Smarti Repair

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky
Wed Aug 23 14:34:17 CDT 2006

> > I checked with Brent Whelan, our Senior Manager Customer Service.
> > He tells me the big constraint in repairing SMARTI units is that we can
> > only do a few things with them; the majority of parts are obsolete and
not
> > obtainable.

It is reassuring to know that a manufacturer does its best to support
its own product line as well as the product line of companies it has
acquired (even their older pre-acquisition products).

The parts scenario has been discussed ad naseum before. MOSFETS
for the Harris SX series. The SAD-1034 in the Orban 9000 and others.
I may be old, however, many of these products are not "old" to me
considering some of the much older equipment still in service today.
Let's not forget the 4-500A's.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE