[BC] DST vs Daytimers

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Tue Aug 22 15:00:36 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/22/2006 2:12:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at spam-o-matic.net writes:

> > >   It seems reasonable to believe that an alternative solution exists.
>  >
>  > Yes. It does. but you can't even give me a clue, so we may as well drop
> >  that  topic altogether.
>
>   Over the time I've seen your posts, I've no desire to fight with you,
>   over anything.

There should have been a smilie after that. :) It wasn't meant in anger. More
like a resigned "Oh well". Sorry for the confusion, there.

>   I merely suggest that alternatives may need to be considered.
>   Could be as obvious as buying that FM you've mentioned,
>   could be something entirely unthought of.

That would be wonderful, but I doubt the boss would be spending that kind of
cash. Around here, even the small FM's tend to go for millions. A translator
station he probably would do, but that's a real long-shot. "If Only" we could
get a spot on the ExBand... sigh.

>   Could be rallying your listeners to call their congresscritter.

Since this is not just a local or even state issue, that wouldn't do us much
good. It would take a *national* campaign to get enough people to complain to
have an impact.

>   Could be pod-casts. Could be a whole host of things.

Poscasts won't work. Many of the program providers we carry already offer
them. I get the distinct impression that a significant number of our listeners
aren't that tech-savvy, either.

Willie...