[BC] Working together (WAS:Ignoring Station Procee...)

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Mon Aug 21 10:18:19 CDT 2006

In a message dated 08/21/2006 02:57:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KC4QLP at aol.com writes:

> It does amaze me though in this business how many production people
complain
>  about all of that "hard work" they have to do to cut a few handful of
spots
>  when you have other people digging ditches, construction work and other....
> hard labor type jobs.

Every day that I sit here, in front of various computers, in a comfy,
air-conditioned building, I am thankful. When I drive by a work crew on the highway,
or construction crew, etc, working in the blazing sun or bitter cold, I pray
for them... and again give thanks for my job in Radio.

There are days when things here get really hectic... last minute production
orders, fussy clients that want re-cuts, late logs from Traffic, a computer
that goes on the fritz, you name it. (I'm not just the Engineer, I'm also the
Morning Announcer, Music Director, Traffic Assistant, & Production guy. I love
it, tho!)

>  I think in this business, to many people are getting to self centered and
> not working together as closely as they should as it takes everyone working
>  together to make a successful broadcasting facility.

That's right. We're supposed to be a team. As the discussions have bandied
back and forth here, we've all seen the debates about "who is the most
important", and it really boils down to *everyone*: Engineering, Production,
Programming, and Sales. Take away any *one*, and it *all* falls apart.

> Back room back stabbing
> and complaining only hurts everyone in the end.

Amen, brother. You preach it, and I'll turn the pages! <G>

Willie...