[BC] Dividing 5 by 7 with no remainder...

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Sun Aug 20 14:54:49 CDT 2006

> ------ At 12:13 PM 8/20/2006, Dave Dunsmoor wrote: -------
>
> >And if he'd produced the 7 spots and two didn't run, you'd have fired the
> >salesman for the "lost" revenue???

And Rich Wood replied:

> No. It really has nothing to do with the salesperson. The production
> order called for 7 spots. He took it upon himself to record only 5.
> The additional spots were potential additional sales.

Right, then when (for discussion's sake) all 7 spots were cut, and put "onto
cart", who get's
the axe when two of them don't run due to the failure of a
"non-understander" to understand
that 7 doesn't fit into 5? Fire the traffic gal maybe? Or buy new
automation? Have the sales
expert choose which 5, and then fire him?

Wrong approach in this case, firing. Perhaps remedial training for sales
person (in either math
or people skills, doesn't matter in this case) would have been more
appropriate.

I'm all for people doing their job correctly, but there's more than one way
to skin a cat, and
sending them packing as the first line of instruction won't do it.

In any case, there's more to this story, and it's completely irrelevent as
the case has been closed now
probably for decades perhaps.

I don't know Gary, but in reading his posts over the years, it doesn't
appear to me that he's a flake
that needed to be fired for implementing a pragmatic solution to a stupid
decision handed over to him.

And that's what I think of this non-existant problem.

Dave Dunsmoor