[BC] Manual for Gates BC-1H morphing 2 ARM TX

Robert Bowe robertb
Fri Aug 18 09:41:38 CDT 2006

Do you "pull the plug" to the ant when you sign-off?? or are you getting
AC line hits?

We've got a couple of the X1000's here and one was having FET fails due
to the phone (loop fed site) service having an independent ground.
Needless to say I got real good at diagnosing FET fails and changing
them out quick (there are a couple of undocumented tricks to do it).

That and we're using the IRFP264 for the modulator (the IXFH40N30
doesn't have the spike protection of the IR).
I also designed a modification to the RF Amp Module so it'll actually
turn off LED when the fuse fails (a design flaw in my book).

--

Robert Bowe, CSRE
Director of Engineering