[BC] Dell Laptops

Bill Croghan loteng
Wed Aug 16 16:33:53 CDT 2006

	As a CAP member who has shut off over 70 ELT's that were sending
false alarms over the last 20 years, I can tell you, the switches don't
always work, and if they did, it still would not help if the battery was
being shorted.  New is not always better.  The hardest one I ever had to
shut off was brand new, in one of the first Super Cubs off the line when
they started building them again about 10 years ago.  The owner and I both
agreed, that unit was extremely likely to survive a crash because it was so
darn hard to get into.  The impact switch had shorted and we had to open it
to disconnect the battery.
Bill

Lt. Col. Bill Croghan, CAP
WB?KSW