[BC] Assistance Wanted to ID Illegal Broadcaster

Wooten, Charles charliewooten
Wed Aug 16 15:10:33 CDT 2006

>From DX Listening Digest:

** CHINA. 14260, "Firedrake" (Sound Of Hope jammer); 1046-1300* 13
August, 2006. Continuous ChiCom traditional instrumental/percussion
loop. Clear, starting weak but rapidly stronger post-1100, abruptly
off at 1300. No trace of 18180 parallel (Terry L Krueger, Clearwater,
Florida  USA, 27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

// could be on one of 3 or 4 frequencies in the 17.3-17.4 or 18.1-18.2
MHz range.

Firedrake against Sound of Hope was not to be heard Aug 14 at 1320
check on the 14, 17 and 18 MHz bands. Also checked 15265 and 15285
where there was something in Chinese but no jamming, maybe CNR1 on
this occasion. But Aug 15 at 1324 it had a good signal on 14260 //
9780, and again at 1358 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST

Charlie NF4A