[BC] Assistance Wanted to ID Illegal Broadcaster

Wooten, Charles charliewooten
Wed Aug 16 15:05:12 CDT 2006

Whoops I meant 7130 ;)

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of nf4a at knology.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:56 PM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Assistance Wanted to ID Illegal Broadcaster

I was told last week that it was a 2nd harmonic of a Chinese broadcaster
on 7230....which is a legal frequency for international
broadcasting....granted, the 2nd harmonic isn't legal...I will look in a
database of shortwave broadcasters on 7230 and see what I can come up
with.

Charlie NF4A
Clear Channel Radio
Panama City, FL

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:22:55 -0700, N0JAA at aol.com wrote :

> To the list,
>
> Your help is requested (especially if you are also a ham radio
> operator) to identify a shortwave station broadcasting illegally on
> the 20-meter amateur radio band.
>
> We're not yet aware of the station's location, but this station plays
> traditional Chinese music on or around 14.260 MHz.  This broadcast
> disrupts legal communications for 10 to 15 kHz on either side of the
> carrier frequency.  As of now, we don't know if the station is a
> pirate transmitter or a shortwave broadcaster that has a MAJOR tuning
problem.

> The station does not appear to follow a set schedule and has appeared
> in various places in the 20-meter band.
>
> We're hoping to garner enough information to enlist the aid of the ITU

> if this is a shortwave broadcaster, or the FCC if this turns out to be

> a pirate station.
>
> Please send any reports you may have to the ARRL
> (<http://www.arrl.org>www.arrl.org), or if you wish, send them to me
> and I will relay them.
>
> Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
>
> 73,
>
> Paul Gray, N0JAA

> Cable-Connectors-Blocks-Racks-Wire Management-Test Gear-Tools and
More!