[BC] get yourself a beanie

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp
Tue Aug 15 20:10:33 CDT 2006

Reminds me of my night and morning in a sleep lab. Couldn't smoke in the building, so I had to step outside after unplugging my EEG harness.

So there I was on the sidewalk downtown in broad daylight wearing a tatty bathrobe and slippers with over a hundred wires coming out of my dishevelled hair. Passers-by nodded and smiled, but edged past me warily.

If I wasn't smoking just outside a medical building I might have attracted more attention. Perhaps these days it could become very awkward...

(If I get too carried away on a geeky topic, my brother-in-law will chide me with, "Remember, shiny side out.")